Tuesday, September 7, 2010

HUBS TURNS 49 TODAY

I have written, revised, rewritten & erased this post many times over the past week. I wanted to accurately capture the essence of this man but it was turning into a novel. And so, I've decided to keep it simple.

Glenn is the father of four children - a set of twin daughters who are now 27, a son who is 21 and the 'baby', another daughter who is 18. He is also step-dad to my 2 sons.



Glenn had the twins in his early twenties, and after his marriage failed, the girls remained with him. Try to imagine a young man in his early 20's, raising twin daughters!!! Here are some gifts he has received from the kids over the years. They speak for themselves.

This is a pillow that the girls had made for him.

Happy 49th Birthday Glenn. I am so proud to love a man who is SO loved by his children. That speaks for itself. Enjoy your special day! xox



~Lisa~

8 comments:

  1. Awww!!!! So sweet! Happy Birthday Glenn!!! You are so lucky to have so many wonderful gifts in those kids who think the world of you and Miss Lisa- who obviously adores you too!! Those treasures from your kids really do speak volumes! Enjoy your happy day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute. He sounds like a great husband and father. Happy 49th to your hubby Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet Lisa! Happy birthday to your husband. I KNOW my husband would have gone crazy raising daughters on his own!

    Now I'm feeling kind of pressured because my husband's birthday is tomorrow (#47) and I didn't even PLAN a post for it! I'd better get busy.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    Wow! Happy Birthday Glenn! Kudos to you!! It is a lovely tribute, Lisa.
    There is no secret to my signature paint! LOL! I call it "Laura's Signature Cottage White", 'cuz I took a plate in to Home Depot and had them copy the off white colour of the plate!!! I'm glad you like it. Now I am going to check on your powder room!!!
    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. The words of his daughters say it all..what a tribute. I have always believed if we can make a difference in one child's life what a wonderful world we would have...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is just the sweetest thing in the world. Happy Birthday to your hubs! We have a blended family and although not always the easiest thing in the world pouring love into the kids never do we come up short, they are well worth it. I bet your pretty darn awesome yourself!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww.... how sweet! Happy BD to hubby! I hope you all had fun!

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I am flattered that you took the time to go back through my blog archives. I plan to do some more posts on our ongoing renovations during the cold winter months, when there is not much happening in the garden.
    Belated happy birthday to your hubby.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your comments!