Thursday, September 30, 2010

FEATHERED NEST FRIDAY - BEDROOM VIGNETTE


Today I'm joining Courtney at French Country Cottage for her 2nd Feathered Nest Friday! I'm sharing a vignette from my master bedroom that was inspired by this beautiful cherub I purchased off Ebay, several years ago.




It's made out of chalkware.



I absolutely love the the weathered patina on this piece. She is perched upon a shelf above our bed.



The shelf also holds a vintage, petite framed picture.



It's an old Mother's Day card!







An old blue bottle holds a dried hydrangea stem from my garden.

And some pretty pink flowered branches.


The shelf is surrounded by a display of blue & white plates that were collected over the years.


Please take a moment to visit Courtney and join in the fun for her second Feathered Nest Friday.




Cheers ~ Lisa ~

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lisa!

    Happy weekend!

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is so beautiful, love the cherub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Lisa Sweetie...
    OMG is that cherub not the most precious thing ever? Oh her eyes are so detailed, and chalkware? OMG she must be really old. It is a miracle she has survived all these years, and then to come home to you. Oh Lisa sweetie, she looks so beautiful adorning that shelf.

    Your plates give it completion sweet friend.

    So very pretty. Thank you for sharing with me this morning. I have so enjoyed my visit.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    I love the old blue bottle as well, and the Mother's Day card, is that not beautiful as well? You have such a gorgeous vignette there.

    I also love the pieces you have attached to the shelf itself. The roses really pop on the blue. Blue is my bedroom color as well, so I am really drawn to this vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore that chalkware cherub! You did an excellent job on your vignette, so many interesting pieces. The color palette is very pretty too. I just love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'adore your bedroom vignette especially the cherub and the blue bottle! You did a wonderful job creating that vignette. Stopping by from Feathered Nest Friday and Happy weekend!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I love all things calkware. The chippiness is wonderful and the cherub is so special. I really like how you mixed in the blue plates. Very nice.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! The cherub is adorable. I love the combination of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa!
    LOVE the little cherub!!! What a charmer!! Your vignette is beautiful! I love the bottle with the flowers, the picture- Everything looks so pretty how you put it all together! Thanks so much for joining my party! Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa I like very much you display blue is my favorite color and any form of shade and the cherub is divine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how such a simple vignette can make such an impact. The color scheme is great.

    Thanks for sharing Feathered Nest Friday.....I'll try to add something to her site shortly....

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your comments!