Tuesday, August 3, 2010

NUMBERED STAIRS

What's up with the popularity of "numbers" these days? Obviously, I'm not a trendsetter but I could be deemed a duplicator or maybe you would call me an emulator (one who copies others' great ideas).

Regardless, I've been eyeing my boring stairs for some time now with numbers bouncing around in my head. Hmmmmm.
While on a recent jaunt to Lowe's I came across these.

I really liked the font as well as the finish on them.

So these ...



Became this!




Unfortunately the top set of stairs are yet to be completed as Lowe's ran out of number 1's. I do have a number of other projects on the horizon so stay tuned! Cheers - Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great idea! I love your term "emulator"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely an emulator! I was just looking at stair ideas today myself. Great job with the numbers!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Unfortunately we have carpeted stairs, yuck.

    Thanks for stopping by and for your supportive comment. I'm always happy to find another blogger in Canada, especially Ontario. I'm going to follow your blog to keep up to date on your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I was reading back through your posts and saw your lovely front garden. Noticed the town award. We are almost neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I love numbers!!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how some trends just take off? Numbers and letters are definitely popular. And for good reason - they're simple, but smart looking. The black numbers you used punched up the decorative quotient on your stairs perfectly!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your comments!