Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TREASURE HUNTING

This past weekend I did a wee bit of vintage shopping (much better then going to the mall). I actually found this round coffee table on Kijiji and made an hour trip to go and see it 'cause I've been looking for one for a while now.



I gasped when I finally found the address for the house I was looking for and pulled up in front of a gorgeous old Victorian Farmhouse with a "For Sale" sign. The owner had a house full of antiques for sale and was trying to sell me everything (including her home)! I could not resist this cast iron doorstop.



I have wanted one for so long but the antique dealers are always asking so much more then I'm willing to spend.




After touring her home, the owner threw in this old crewel bench for $10! I love the crewel but it has a few really dark stains. Any ideas on how to safely remove them?




The finish on the table top was a mess so it's being brought back to life as we speak.



I cannot WAIT to bring it inside!




The "Reveal" to follow!

Cheers - Lisa

3 comments:

  1. How exciting to find what your looking for, and a house full to boot! I love the doorstop, so cute! I can't wait to see the coffee table!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! I wish I could have toured her home. At those types of homes, I'm usually asking if there is anything else for sell. How fun! Looking forward to seeing your table? What are you doing to it?
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I would love to find a table exactly like that, Lisa! The ones I've been able to find here are either too far gone to save or too expensive to consider. You really made out at that sale.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your comments!