Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FESTIVUS (Feats of Strength)

Thank you friends for all the birthday wishes on my last post!
I went and picked up my corner cabinet on the weekend.

I sighed when I first laid eyes on it.  It was big ... really BIG and probably wouldn't fit in its intended place.  I loved it though and couldn't leave without it.  Eventually I would find a space for it.

The cabinet barely fit in the back of my van.  We tied the backdoor shut as best as we could and made the long journey from Toronto back home.  We couldn't risk driving on the highway so we took, what I like to call, the scenic route.

Once we arrived home it was a struggle to move the cabinet into the garage.  I was told I was not strong enough to get it back into the house and we would have to wait until my son returned home from a snowboarding trip in Banff.
What ... wait FOUR MORE DAYS before I could have my cabinet in the house!  Was he kidding?  I instantly thought of Festivus from an episode of Seinfeld.
Festivus was a holiday that George and his family celebrated and part of the festivities was performing 'Feats of Strength' and that was exactly what I was going to do to get that cabinet up a flight of stairs and through a narrow door into my dining room.  And I did!
It didn't fit properly under the bulkhead so the top scroll had to be removed.

I'll come up with something to add some detail back to the top.
And my white little curio cabinet that previously occupied this corner ...
~ SOLD ~

Cheers - Lisa

23 comments:

  1. Good for you, Lisa! I bet your hubby was amazed at your "feat of strength"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling of "I want to move it in NOW"... love the cabinet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, when you want something to fit, you REALLY want it to fit! You rock! By the way, the cabinet is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's funny. You remind me of me! Where there's a will there's a way. Your curio is pretty, but this piece is more stunning. Congrats on the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, Happy 29th birthday (again)! Love, love the new cabinet. Too bad about the top scroll, it was a nice detail. I have thought about selling stuff online, but your previous post makes me worried. Still, you did manage to sell the old cabinet. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it Lisa! It looks fabulous... and happy belated birthday too :)

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. i gasped aloud when you said you cut the top off! it didn't sink in until i saw the picture. you are daring. can't wait to see what you do to it now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous cabinet ~ I don't blame you for going the extra distance to make it fit! Wishing a wonderful weekend!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. how awesome are you!!?
    it's gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning cabinet and happy birthday. though I know I am late (-: hugs Anu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa

    Love this cabinet. What a Treasure ~ great find ;-) I am now your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely cabinet :) The color will clash everything in my home right now but it's a gorgeous find nonetheless! Please do an inspiration board for 1000 thread count flat sheet or bedroom style inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous piece,looks lovely.thanks for the share
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just cannot leave your website prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the usual info you provide to your visitors. Is gonna be back often in order to see and cross-check other new posts. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for your comments!